New Delhi is abuzz with the diplomacy today as Russia and India is holding the first ever 2+2 ministerial dialogue between the Foreign and Defence Ministers and later in the evening visiting President Putin and PM Modi will hold the 21st Annual India-Russia summit at New Delhi’s Hyderabad House.
- Agreements signed between India & Russia: Contract for procurement of 6,01,427 7.63x39mm assault rifles AK-203 through Indo-Russia Rifles Pvt Ltd.
- 10 years Program for military-technical cooperation between India and Russia from 2021-2031
- India-Russia meeting today will address emergence of multi polarity and rebalancing. We look at the consequence of over-centralized globalisation. Long standing challenges of terrorism, violent extremism remain among newer challenges: EAM Jaishankar during 2+2 inter-ministerial meet
- Russia-India defence cooperation is important for the relations between our two countries during these times. I am confident that Russia & India will help in enhancing regional security: Russian Defence Minister
- “The extraordinary militarisation & expansion of armaments in our neighborhood & the unprovoked aggression on our northern border since early summer of 2020 have thrown in several challenges: Rajnath Singh
- India-Russia defence engagements have progressed in an unprecedented manner in recent times. We hope Russia will remain a major partner for India in these challenging circumstances: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh during India-Russia 2+2 inter-ministerial dialogue