As India is opening vaccination for all above the age of 18 years from May 1, the Centre government said that the registration process for the vaccination will begin today at 4 PM.
“Registration for 18 plus to begin on http://cowin.gov.in, Aarogya Setu App & UMANG App at 4 PM on 28th April. Appointments at State Govt centers & Private centers depending on how many vaccination centers are ready on 1st May for Vaccination of 18 plus,” reads a tweet by Aarogya Setu, the central government’s mobile application for contact-tracing and dissemination of medical advisories.
Here’s how you can register for the vaccination:
- Go to https://www.cowin.gov.in/home and click on the “register/sign-in” option.
- Enter your mobile number and generate OTP.
- Enter the OTP and “verify” it.
- Following the verification of your mobile number with OTP, register yourself with required details such as name, age, gender, and photo ID.
- Click on “Register” and then go to the “Schedule” option.
- Enter the pin code of your area or select from the list of states, followed by districts.
- Select your preferred vaccination center, date, and time and “Confirm”.