As India records over 3 lakh covid19 cases daily in the past 6 days, the World takes note of the crisis and chips in with support. India’s allies like the US, Japan, Australia, UAE, UK, France, and others have come in full support of New Delhi.
Here is the list of all the countries that are extending assistance to India
United States of America
- To make available the raw material for Covishield vaccine production
- Rapid diagnostic kits
- Oxygen generation supplies
- Personal protective equipment (PPEs)
- Expert team of Public health advisory from CDC and USAID.
- 4 Oxygen containers, already brought by Indian Air Force on Saturday.
- 7,511 O2 concentrators and
- 516 BiPAP machines.
United Arab Emirates
- 7 empty cryogenic oxygen containers.
- oxygen concentrators
- Mobile oxygen production plant (will be made available for 3 months)
- 120 ventilators
- More than 80m KN95 masks
- AFMS importing 23 mobile oxygen generation plants
- 500 ventilators
- 1 million surgical masks
- 500,000 P2 and N95 masks
- 100,000 eye protection goggles
- 100,000 pairs of gloves
- 20,000 face shields.
- 40 metric tonnes of liquid Oxygen
- 8 medical oxygen generators
- Containers for liquid oxygen, 5 sent in first shipment, more to come
- 28 ventilators and other specialized medical equipment
- 200 electric syringe pumps
- 495 oxygen concentrators
- 120 non-invasive ventilators
- 20 manual ventilators
- Oxygen generators
- Cooperation between German top medical institute Robert Koch Institute (RKI)with Indian institutions to support on sequencing of viral loads is on the anvil.
- 23 mobile oxygen generation plants from Germany.
- Oxygen containers
- 80 metric tonnes of oxygen
- 800 oxygen concentrators
- 700 oxygen concentrators
- Support offered. Remdesivir being mulled to be sent.
European Union, over the weekend, activated its “civil protection mechanism” Janez Lenarčič European Commissioner for Crisis Management in a tweet said, “EU will do its utmost to mobilize assistance to support people of India”.
Has offered to provide relief support to India including ventilators, Bi PAP, digital X ray machines, PPEs and related items. Pakistan’s well-known NGO Edhi Foundation has written to PM Modi and has offered to send ambulances and other medical utilities
Iran Health Minister Dr Saeed Namaki wrote to the Indian Health minister Dr Harsh Vardhan. Said, “The government and people of Iran are ready to spare no technical assistance, expertise and equipment in these difficult days and at the height of the plight of the dear citizens of India with the COVID-19 epidemic.”
Under its grant assistance, oxygen generators will be provided with a procurement process still underway. Prime Minister Modi also thanked Prime Minister Suga for providing assistance to India for combating the pandemic during Monday’s call.
Offered to send assistance. Marc Garneau, Canada’s Minister of Foreign Affairs tweeted, “Our thoughts are with the people of India as they face a devastating new wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. Canada stands ready to assist and has reached out to Indian authorities to determine how Canada can best support India in its time of need.”
Afghan President Ashraf Ghani, foreign minister Atmar and envoy to India Farid Mamundzay all tweeted and showed solidarity for India. Afghan President tweeted, “Our hearts go out to the Indian people & government as they fight the horrendous outbreak of COVID. On behalf of the Afghan people & government, we send our condolences to the families who lost their loved ones & wish a quick recovery to those who are suffering from the virus.”
China’s Ambassador to India Sun Weidong on Wednesday said in a tweet: “Chinese medical suppliers are working overtime on orders from India, at least 25000 orders for oxygen concentrators in recent days. Cargo planes are under plan for medical supplies. Chinese customs will facilitate relevant process.”
UPDATED on April 29, 2021 10 am