Izna Amir | New Delhi
Amid the rising covid cases in the National Capital, Delhi Government on Monday announced the small lockdown’ beginning today at 10 PM till Monday morning.
Soon after the meeting with LG Anil Baijal, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced the decision in the video address. The Chief Minister said that this Lockdown will give time for the Govt to ‘improve our healthcare’.
“Delhi’s health system is at a breaking point. I will not say it has collapsed but the Covid situation is pretty critical,” Arvind Kejriwal said in a televised address, asserting that the lockdown decision was not an easy one.
“I have always been against a lockdown. I believe the lockdown will not finish the virus, but it will reduce the transmission rate. It will give us time to boost our infrastructure. We will use this week-long lockdown to improve our healthcare,” he added.
“I want to appeal to all my expatriate brothers, this is a small lockdown, do not leave Delhi. I sincerely hope that the cases will start decreasing soon and we will not have to increase these lockdowns”.
While asking Delhiites to follow the lockdown rules in letter and spirit, the Aam Aadmi party supremo said that all essential services will run as normal.
What’s allowed and what’s not
– Ration shops, fruit and vegetable shops, milk and meat shops
– Medical Store, News Paper Hawker, Banks, ATMs, Insurance Offices, SEBI Offices
– Telecom, Internet services, cable service, Delivery of essential goods
– Petrol Pump, CNG Pump, Gas Agency, Private security service
– Units producing essential commodities
– Restaurant Delivery, Supply of water and electricity
– Malls, gyms, spas, auditoriums will remain closed
– People attending weddings in the state to be given e-passes to facilitate movement. Only 50 people will be allowed
– No restriction on people travelling to railway stations, airport
– Cinema halls will operate with 30% capacity during weekdays and will remain closed on the weekends